- Today2017November 2016
Facilitator500 - 999 employeesFacilitating cross-cultural management workshops for executives
- Today2017April 2013
OwnerOwner and CEO of Educated Singles (www.educatedsingles.com). It is a global community for well-educated singles focused on networking, dating and socialising. You need to have at least a masters degree to join
ProfessorInternational School of ManagementDeveloping and carrying our cross-cultural courses for international MBA students
Assistant ProfessorInternational University of ParisTeaching Strategic Human Resource Management for a culturally diverse group of MBA students
Managing PartnerGuginI founded Gugin with the mission to help companies around the world achieving results through cultural diversity. We have over the years helped primarily large organisations with:
• Organisational change Management
• Cultural Change Programs
• Post-Merger Integration
• Cultural Due Diligence
• Developing Motivation and reward systems
Examples of Completed assignments:
• Carried out the organisational integration of 4 IT departments when 4 banks merged in the Nordic countries in 2002. The assignments were to align policies, accelerate the integration of cultures and maintain operational momentum during the transition.
• Acted as mediator in a multi million € French/Danish joint venture development project in the energy sector.
• Developed and carried out cross-cultural management training programs for the global leadership Team of a very large US-based IT company.
• Analysis of organisational effectiveness and developing action plans to improve performance in a number of different organisations.
• Developed integration strategy for a US-based company after the acquisition of a European competitor.
• Advised a very large global player in the Telecommunications industry on how to integrate a newly acquired competitor.
EMEA eBusiness Solutions ManagerComputer Sciences Corporation , CSCMy responsibility was to bring EMEA wide CSC solutions to the marketplace. I did it by bringing the best practices together forming industry specific solutions.
It was primarily a task of getting different cultures to work together and being able to understand and play the political game. I managed to build a very efficient team of Business Developers in the different countries. At the same time it was the objective to change the CSC organisation to an industry focus from a country/region focus. In that process we developed and implemented a new set of structures, roles/responsibilities, performance measures and lines of command.
Business Development ManagerComputer Sciences Corporation , CSCHeadhunted to CSC (Computer Sciences Corporation) to launch and boots CSC Financial Services Group in Denmark, a Management- and System Integration Consulting Practice within CSC. Within 3 years we managed to reach an annual turnover of +15 mill. €. My main objective was to create a high performance team of consultants recruited from the industry. The challenge was to grow the business and still be profitable. We formed an aggressive strategy based on thorough analysis followed by detailed implementation plans.
The key issue was to develop a team spirit among a lot of new people with different kind of skills and values. I launched a value based appraisal system giving each team freedom to operate within the frame of our core values.
Senior ManagerArthur Andersen Business ConsultingI was headhunted to Arthur Andersen Business Consulting in the Financial Markets Services division with the responsibility to develop this division in Scandinavia.
Project ManagerDanish Payment SystemsContinuing my job from IBM as project manager on the dankort system, securing the integration into the PBS organisation and the hand over to maintenance.
Initiated and successfully lead a major organisational and technological change management program.
Systems Analyst+5000 employeesReceived training in software development, and participated in internal and external projects as software developer.
Project director (Belgium) (European Banking)
Director of a multinational and multicultural feasibility study on a common European Banking platform based on IBM technologies. I worked on a 11 months assignment to IBM La Hulpe, Bruxelles. I also started the IBM International Management Training in Belgium and finished in UK the following year.
Project manager (Denmark) (Debit Card system (Dankort) for PBS)
One of IBM's project managers on a very large and complex project for PBS (Danish Payment Systems) with several subcontractors in different countries.
Please sign up to view Dr. Finn Majlergaard's full profile.SIGN UP
Are you looking for:
- Inspiration for making multicultural Teams successful?
- New ways of motivating and rewarding a multicultural workforce?
- Expertice in accelerating the integrating of a diverse group of people?
- Upgrading your leadership skills to become a true global leader?
- A motivational speaker for your workshop or conference
:: Then contact me today for a discussion of how I and/or Gugin can help you
For the past 10 years I have worked dedicated and professionally with companies and organisations around the world on accelerating organisational effectiveness through cultural synergies.
In Gugin we dedicate many resources to research, so that we at all times can help our clients in a fast changing world.
Our continuous focus on research in how companies can achieve results form cultural diversity was also the subject of my doctoral dissertation where more than 1200 managers from global operating companies contributed with their knowledge and experience.
As one of the few consulting companies we are ahead of our clients in linking strategy, organisation, cultural diversity and leadership into one framework that can lead to significant competitive advantage.
We are committed to help our clients with the right attitude accelerate their performance and leadership skills.
I am really good at:
- Helping companies overcoming cultural barriers
- post-merger integration
- Create international successes
- Coach and train international managers
- Make companies succeed internationally
I have more than 20 years of experience with making global, multi-cultural companies succeed. I have worked in 30+ countries and have a huge global network. I hold and MBA from Henley Management College and a doctoral degree from International School of Management.