- Today2017February 2015
Head of Corporate AffairsEmery
- TodayJanuary 2015April 2013
- TodayMarch 2013March 2012
- INSEAD, Fontainebleau
International Executive ProgrammeAMP - Advanced Management Program
- TodayJune 20122005
Director GLobal Communications & public Affairs Europe (EMEA)+5000 employeesSenior Executive Director, Global Communications & Public Affairs EMEA
Leading communications and coalition building efforts for GE Energy, effectively representing company interests while earning international recognition of GE as the region’s top energy infrastructure provider.
• Growing GE Energy’s international business by partnering with national, regional and local government entities to implement GE’s technology within their communities.
• Creating governmental and 3rd party coalitions (The Climate Group, the AER, UNDP, the R20) that join together to support the fight against climate change spearheaded by GE Energy.
• Lobbied for, organized and won formal Assembly of European Regions (AER) support for GE Energy Technologies, leading to increased brand recognition, business development and revenue.
o Earned first-ever formal AER support and partnership with a public company.
o Public/ Private partnership is now internationally recognized as a Best Practice in Climate Change.
• Planned and launched the first Annual Energy Day, held in Brussels and sponsored by GE Energy under the brand name “REFER” (Responsible Energy for European Regions) at www.refer.eu.com .
Director Communications & Public Affairs+5000 employeesDirector of Communications & Public Affairs
Led international, regional and local lobbying efforts on behalf of Bombardier, successfully increasing brand recognition, marketing value and communication efficiency.
• Won the rights to, and managed the official launch of, the new French regional train “Autorail Grande Capacité”, a € 1.6 billion project, by organizing local support coalitions for Bombardier in France while beating out the Alstom and Siemens proposals.
• Managed multiple crises from issue recognition to problem containment to reversing negative trends.
• Acted as public face of Bombardier Transportation, handling every aspect of the communications frontline from directing press junkets and conducting interviews to leading public outreach.
DIrector INternational operations Africa & Indian Ocean+5000 employeesDirector of Global Brand Management, Marketing, Communications, and External Affairs
Represented Renault in media operations, political negotiations and with various interest groups, businesses and governments. Successfully oversaw internal operations as well, including P&L responsibility for almost 100 dealers located in the Indian Ocean and East African regions, with 2001 sales of €55 million.
• Successfully cleaned-up and revamped financial management issues resulting from improper activities performed by previous employees, overhauling processes to deliver 100% operational transparency.
• Led restructuring of 40 dealers in 39 countries, increasing profits over 30% while improving customer satisfaction by 20% within two years.
• Effectively established and ran Renault export operations, growing sales by between 40%-100% in Indian Ocean and East African territories.
• Surpassed Peugeot for 1st time in Reunion Islands, achieving #1 market share in light passenger vehicles.
• Implemented ISO 9002, 9001, and 14001 standards, ensuring correct and total legal compliance.
Deputy General Manager of Public Affairs - EuropeToyota Motors EuropeDeputy General Manager of Public Affairs - Europe
Supervised external communications including lobbying, corporate marketing, and cultural sponsorships.
• Optimized corporate communications and marketing to win mass support for the development and launch of the Valenciennes Manufacturing site.
• Lobbied for and won position on “The Single Vehicle Approval Issue” by building a coalition among Japanese, American and European automobile manufacturers to target the European Commission.
Managing DirectorMarket Access S.A.Managing Director
• Launched an international public affairs consulting company, achieving break-even within 6 months.
• Signed, consulted to, and promoted, high-profile corporate clients in Europe, the Middle East & India.
Manager Corporate Affairs+5000 employeesManager Corporate Affairs
• Developed a dynamic lobbying program that increased public awareness of Philip Morris in France by 493%, project so successful it is now taught as a cast study at several universities.
• Won reversal of legislation barring public smoking in France, and blocked its development at European Union through effective and consistent messaging targeting key stakeholders.
Chargé de Mission – Special Adviser1000 - 4999 employeesChargé de Mission – Special Adviser
• In charge of Defense, Foreign Affairs and European Affairs for the House Majority Leader.
- International Management
- Georgetown University, Washington Dc
School of Foreign ServiceMaster of Science in Foreign Service
- ASSAS, Paris
Institut Francais de Presse (Information/Communication)Journalisme et communications
- ASSAS, Paris
Université Paris II ASSASDroit
Please sign up to view Frank Farnel's full profile.SIGN UP
- Business Development
- Relations Publiques
- Relations internationales
- Relations gouvernementales
- Public Relations
- Partenariat public privé
- Gestion de la réputation
- Direction générale
- Crisis Management
- Corporate Strategy
- Conseil en management
- Communication corporate
- Stratégie de communication
Frank Farnel works in public Affairs.
Frank has held several key leadership positions in Communications, Lobbying and Public Affairs in large international companies.
He was Vice President Public Affairs & Advocacy for Novo Nordisk, Director of Communications & Public Affairs for GE Energy Europe EMEA, and Director Communications and Public Affairs Bombardier Transportation.
He held Product and Line responsibilities acting as Manager International Operations Sub-Saharan Africa and Indian Ocean for Renault.
Frank was also the Deputy General Manager Public Affairs for Toyota Motors Europe and Manager Corporate Affairs for Philip Morris EMEA.
He worked as Technical and Legislative Adviser for the Majority Leader at the French Parliament in charge of the Defense, European and International Affairs Parliamentary Commissions and was Director of Research for a Washington DC-based organization.
Frank co-founded the “European Center for Public Affairs in Brussels”. He taught Communications, Lobbying and Public Affairs at the Paris Sorbonne – Celsa University and Foreign Direct Investment in Paris Business School.
He wrote the book “Strategies and Tactics of Lobbying” published in 1994 and translated in several European Languages, as well as number of articles on Lobbying, Communications, Crisis Management and International Affairs.
Frank earned a master degree (MSFS) in International Affairs & Diplomacy and International Trade and Finance from the Graduate School of Foreign Service of the University of Georgetown, Washington, D.C. and studied under Hon. Madeleine Albright.
Frank earned as well the AMP (Advanced Management Program) from INSEAD.
He also holds a degree in Law as well as in Communications and Journalism from the University of Paris. He did post graduate studies in International Management in Oxford University, United Kingdom.